South and East Kent

Where we are

KCA South and East Kent Young Persons’ Service

34 Simmonds Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3RA

East Kent (Canterbury, Thanet and Swale) and Mid Kent (Dover, Ashford, Shepway and Maidstone)


How to contact us

Tel: 01227 456 744
Fax: 01227 457 628

Opening hours

Offices are open from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.  There is an answerphone for out-of-hours.

Who is the service is for?

You can talk to us if you are aged 10 – 17 and are concerned about your use of drugs or alcohol and live in East Kent or Mid Kent.

South and East Kent covers Canterbury, Thanet and Swale
Mid Kent covers Dover, Ashford, Shepway and Maidstone.

What we do

We offer:
  • The chance to speak to someone about how drugs and alcohol affect you and those around you
  • Information, support and advice
  • Options about lifestyle and choices
  • Links to other support services
  • Community detox or substitute prescribing if appropriate

How we work with you

  • You can phone us yourself or ask a parent/carer, a friend, or someone else you trust, to phone us, or you can contact us by email or call in during office hours.
  • When you first contact us you will be asked for some information so that we can better understand your situation and what you might like from us.
  • A member of the team will then contact you either by phone or letter (whichever one you’ve agreed) to arrange a time and place to meet you.
  • If you like, you can bring a friend or parent/carer with you to the appointment for support; they can attend for part of the meeting, though we may ask them to wait while we talk to you on your own. Further meetings will be attended by you and your worker.
  • If you have a disability we will make arrangements to meet your needs and see you where it’s easiest for you to meet.
  • At the first appointment, the worker will talk to you about what you would like to happen and ask you questions so that they can get a clear picture of your needs and how we can help you.
  • They will also talk to you about confidentiality and explain when we may have to talk to others about your situation.
  • Together you and the worker will come up with a plan that best meets your needs.
  • This plan will be reviewed regularly so that we know that we are on track and helping you reach your goals.

How to refer

You can phone us or ask someone to call us on your behalf, or you can email us with your number and we can call you back. You can also write to us.

You can download our referral form here.


Share this