Where we are
Greenwich Young Persons’ Service – KCA
47 Woolwich New Road, London SE18 6EW
How to contact us
Tel: 020 8921 6907
We are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, but we can arrange to see you outside of these hours should you need to.
Who the service is for
The service is for young people 10 -17.
What we do
We support young people who are:
- using or at risk of using drug or alcohol
- concerned about their parents’ or carers’ drug or alcohol use
We also support parents and carers who are concerned about their young person’s drug or alcohol use or just want advice and information.
How we work with you
- You can phone us yourself or ask a parent/carer, a friend, or someone else you trust, to phone us, or you can contact us by email or call in at the Point during office hours.
- When you first contact us you will be asked for some information so that we can better understand your situation and what you might like from us.
- A member of the team will then contact you either by phone or letter (whichever one you’ve agreed) to arrange a time and place to meet you.
- If you like, you can bring a friend or parent/carer with you to the appointment for support, they can attend for part of the meeting, though we may ask them to wait while we talk to you on your own. Further meetings will be attended by yourself and your worker.
- If you have a disability we will make arrangements to meet your needs and see you where it’s easiest for you to meet.
- At the first appointment, the worker will talk to you about what you would like to happen and ask you questions so that they can get a clear picture of your needs and how we can help you.
- They will also talk to you about confidentiality and explain when we may have to talk to others about your situation.
- Together you and the worker will come up with a plan that best meets your needs.
- This plan will be reviewed regularly so that we know that we are on track and helping you reach your goals.
How to refer
You can phone us or ask someone to call us on your behalf, or you can email us with your number and we can call you back. You can also write to us.
You can also use our Drug Use Screening Tool which you can download here. Fill it in and email it back to us at the email address above.